A shortlist of future plans
The next four years will be exciting. My vision includes:
For Division 6
- Roadworks, including a rebuild of Islander Rd, resolving Ibis Blvd near the shopping centre, and in the Pialba CBD
- Installing proper pedestrian crossings at Esplanade / Beach Rd and Watson St / Beach Rd, and in Ibis Blvd
- Upgrades to parks like Burton Ct Park (where we are presently out for community consultation), ESA /Gables, and The Pines
- Further work to resolve traffic and parking at Endeavour Way
- And reviews for traffic issues at other places like Tooth St / Old Maryborough Rd
For the Region
- Completion of projects like the new Library and the other projects planned under the Hinkler Deal
- Working with the University to continue developing the Fraser Coast as a centre of education
- Further extensions to the Rail Trail
- Establishing a new major art prize which will attract entries from across the nation and build our arts profile
- Working towards a major extension to the Urangan Boat Harbour to enhance tourism and our fishing industry, as well as underpinning Hervey Bay as a centre for marine building and maintenance
- Continuing work I have started for better town planning and better urban design – things like street trees and, where the situation permits, leaving tracts of established trees, and vegetated buffers
- Continuing my work on developing more openness and accountability, and working with the new government reforms to maximise council’s performance.
- Developing budgets which ensure council’s sound financial position continues, while keeping rates increases to a minimum.
All election material on this website is authorised by David Lewis, 54 Lyons Street, Point Vernon, Hervey Bay, Qld, for D Lewis (candidate).
Postal address: PO Box 142, Hervey Bay 4655
Phone: 0428 628 027